Center For Resource Management
The Resource Based Economy NPO has begun development of its first project: the Center for Resource Management. This facility will be the area of a mid-sized university campus and will act as a stepping stone towards the development of our proposed experimental cities.
The goals that the Center for Resource Management is set to accomplish are as follows:
- Develop housing, transportation, production, distribution and recycling protocols and various other systems and infrastructure for the first experimental city
- Welcome hundreds of thousands of visitors per year and introduce them to the concept of a Global Resource Based Economy and its methodology for addressing the major challenges facing humanity
- Produce movies, shows, books, articles, animations, imagery, music and many other forms of media to reach the worldwide community and present the Global Resource Based Economy to them
- Engage scientists, technicians, and other disciplines, as well as universities from around the world and, in collaboration with them, initiate global planning for a secure and prosperous future for all of humanity
- Demonstrate working solutions for social operation and arriving at decisions, education, communication, collaboration, and resource management that can readily be scaled up to a full city and beyond
Demonstrating A New Approach To Social ChangeA major difference setting this project apart from other initiatives that tackle humanity’s grand challenges is the systems approach to imagining how society could operate. All permanent residents of the experimental community in the Center for Resource Management will have access to housing, food, water, clothing, energy, education, all at no cost. Resources will be much more intelligently managed - 3D printers, tools, bikes, vehicles, and so on will be collectively used and shared, while ensuring they are in good condition and available without waiting lines. While the technological and social innovation in this first experimental community will be limited by the available resources, the first city and subsequent cities will incorporate lessons learned and improve every aspect of the system. This systems approach can be replicated and scaled up to eventually allow all of humanity to choose to live in cities that implement this new social system. By developing a set of metrics, we can measure how well the social system meets the needs of each member of society. These metrics will measure how well the Center for Resource Management and subsequent cities perform in each of the following areas:
- Universal access to clean air
- Universal access to clean water
- Physical wellbeing of all members of society (including access to effective healthcare)
- Universal access to nutritious and healthy food
- Ecological sustainability (no greenhouse gases and environmental damage)
- Universal access to the best available education
- Universal access to comfortable clothing
- Safety (little or no violence and crime)
- Personal satisfaction
- Universal access to comfortable housing
- Universal access to effective transportation
- The population’s engagement and participation in efforts towards the wellbeing of all people
Meet the Team
RoadmapThe below graphic shows the progress we have made to date on Phase 1 (last updated: Feb 11, 2019).
Phase 1 - Architectural Programming & Schematic Design Complete 10%
DescriptionPhase 1 aims to deliver schematic designs for all buildings and infrastructure comprising the Center for Resource Management. This includes all the research and development taking place prior to the design work. Expand the Tasks drop-down below to see our progress on the various components of the Center for Resource Management.
- Land Acquisition
- Agriculture & Meal Plans
- Energy Production
- Water Management
- Electrical Distribution Network
- IT/Telecommunications Network
- Pedestrian Traffic Flow Design
- Vehicular Traffic Flow Design
- District Energy
- Storm Water
- Visitor/Tourist Transportation System
- Business Model
- Administrative & Legal
- Central Hub Building 01
- Child Center 02
- Exhibition Hall - Movie Theater 03
- Exhibition Hall 04
- Aircraft Mockup 05
- Helicopter Mockup 06
- Exhibition Hall 07
- Helicopter Mockup 08
- Tourist Restaurant 09
- Data Center 10.1
- Fitness Center 10.2
- Access Center 10.3
- Restaurant & Farmer's Market 10.4
- Architectural Model Shop 10.5
- Art & Music Center 10.6
- Media Center 10.7
- Office Spaces 11
- Residential Buildings 12
- Visitor Dwellings 13, 14, 15
Budget & TimelineWe are seeking to raise 18 million USD. This will be used to deliver Phase 1 and 2:
- Phase 1: Develop 3D schematic designs of all aspects of the Center for Resource Management. Research zoning and government regulations for the proposed project. Expand the project Team.
- Budget: $3 m USD
- Timeline: 2nd half of 2019
- Phase 2: Land acquisition, Legal fees, Compliance with Development requirements according to Local Authority. Construction Documentation for the buildings and infrastructure of the Center for Resource Management.
- Budget: $15 m USD
- Timeline: 2nd half of 2022
- Phase 3: Physical construction of the facilities.
- Budget: to be determined
- Timeline: commence 2022, complete 2028
Your Help Is Needed
Get Involved as a Professional
We need the volunteer assistance of many different professionals. Please expand the technical description below for more details.
At this time we are asking for donations to help accelerate the progress of development of this project. Funding received will enable us to focus more extensively on the Center for Resource Management and take it to an advanced stage of development. At that point, we will be able to estimate the cost of the entire facility and announce it.
Your financial contribution is highly appreciated and is what will make this project possible.